Zondervan Exegetical Commentary on the New Testament
Designed for the pastor and Bible teacher, the Zondervan Exegetical Commentary on the New Testament (ZECNT) features today’s top New Testament scholars and brings together commentary features rarely gathered together in one volume. With careful analysis and interpretation of the Greek text, the authors trace the flow of argument in each New Testament book, giving readers the tools they need to properly understand and communicate the meaning of the text.Commentary on each passage follows a clear structure to help readers grasp the flow and meaning of the text:
- Literary Context: A brief discussion of how the passage functions in the broader literary context of the book.
- The Main Idea of the Passage: A one- or two-sentence statement of the big idea or central thrust of the passage.
- Translation and Exegetical Outline: Commentators provide their own translations of each text, formatted to highlight its discourse structure and accompanied by a coherent outline that reflects the flow and argument of the passage.
- Explanation of the Text: Commentators examine words and images, grammatical details, relevant Old Testament and Jewish background to a particular concept, historical and cultural context, important text-critical issues, and various interpretive issues that surface.
- Theology in Application: The theological message of the passage is summarized. The author discusses the theology of the text in terms of its place within the book and in a broader biblical-theological context. Finally, each commentator provides some suggestions on what the message of the passage is for the church today.
The ZECNT series is the go-to resource for pastors and Bible teachers looking for deep but accessible study that equips them to connect the needs of Christians today with the biblical text.
General Editor: Clinton E. Arnold
|forthcoming||Hagen Pifer, Jeanette||2 Corinthians||Zondervan Exegetical Commentary on the New Testament|
|2023||Guthrie, George H.||Philippians||Zondervan Exegetical Commentary on the New Testament|
|forthcoming||Beale, G. K.; Beetham, Christopher A.||1 and 2 Timothy and Titus||Zondervan Exegetical Commentary on the New Testament|
|forthcoming||Moo, Douglas J.||Hebrews||Zondervan Exegetical Commentary on the New Testament|
|forthcoming||Wilkins, Michael J.||1 Peter||Zondervan Exegetical Commentary on the New Testament|
|forthcoming||Yarbrough, Robert W.||2 Peter and Jude||Zondervan Exegetical Commentary on the New Testament|