The Epistle to the Galatians
Paul's letter to the churches of Galatia was for many years a document of special interest and study for renowned New Testament scholar F. F. Bruce. This excellent volume in theNew International Greek Testament Commentary series contains Bruce's mature work on that important early epistle.
Through phrase-by-phrase exegesis of the Greek text, consistent awareness of the historical and geographical context, and balanced dialogue with scores of other scholars, Bruce successfully bridges the hermeneutical gap and makes the text of Galatians come alive for both scholars and students. Based on careful historical-critical-linguistic exegesis yet primarily theological in character, this commentary places special emphasis throughout onPaul's insistence on justification before God by faith apart from works of the law, and onPaul's presentation of the Spirit as the principle of the new life in Christ.
This book appears in the following featured collections.
- Favorite Advanced NT Commentaries by Jeremy Pierce (parableman)
- D. A. Carson's Commentary "Best Buys" by D. A. Carson
- Ultimate Commentary Collection: NT Technical by John Glynn
- Essential NT Commentaries for a Preacher's Library by Derek W. H. Thomas
- New Testament Advanced Commentaries by Moore Theological College Journal: Societas
- Building an NT Commentary Library by Invitation to Biblical Interpretation (Kostenberger & Patterson)
- The Pastor’s Bookshelf by Scot McKnight
- Recommended New Testament Commentaries for Evangelical Pastors by Thomas R. Schreiner