We become what we worship Book by
Publisher IVP Academic
The heart of the Biblical understanding of idolatry, argues Gregory Beale, is that we become like what we worship. Employing Isaiah 6 as his interpretive lens, Beale demonstrates that this understanding of idolatry permeates the whole canon, from Genesis to Revelation.
- Table of Contents
- A foundational example of becoming like what we worship : Isaiah 6
- Becoming like what we worship : evidence elsewhere in the Old Testament
- The origin of idolatry in the Old Testament
- Becoming like what we worship : Judaism
- Becoming like what we worship : the Gospels
- Idolatry in Acts
- Becoming like what we worship : Paul's Epistles
- Becoming like what we worship : the book of Revelation
- The reversal from reflecting the image of idols to reflecting God's image
- Conclusion: So what difference does it make?