This weekend I finished an alpha version of Best Commentaries. So far there are commentaries from 50 different series, and the total number of commentaries is somewhere a bit north of 1,000.
I've gone through several iterations of the database to come up with something that I'm pretty sure will work for the long haul. At this point there are 5 types of entries in the database:
1. Normal - this is a commentary where one physical book represents a commentary on one book of the Bible.
2. MultiVolume - covers a single book of the Bible over several physical volumes. This is needed so that reviewers don't have to review both volumes separately.
3. Volume - a child entry of the MultiVolume. This is needed to keep track of individual ISBNs for purchasing.
4. MutliAuthor - one physical book which has several commentaries of different Bible books written by different authors. This has the ISBN for purchasing the physical book.
5. BookPart - a child entry of the MultiAuthor entry. Reviews will happen at this level instead of for the whole physical book.